Design elegance vs usability and functionality

Got a cool idea, why not share it here. We'll be doing that too. This is also where we will share some thoughts on possible products too.

by Zendo » Thu May 01, 2014 9:59 pm

There is no doubt the Rocki is a thing of beauty. I almost wet myself when I stumbled across Rocki as it is the type of device I have been wishing for, for a long time and I purchased one instantly through the website.

Now that I have one in my hot little hands, I cant get it to work, but firmly believe the concept of Rocki is spot on, and that I am experiencing a small hurdle that will be overcome shortly.

I feel the Rocki needs to have a little more manual usability via a switch/toggle or button (possibly hidden on the under side) to be able to manually switch between Wifi mode and Hotspot mode, this would help with day to day usability and also in setting the Rocki up for the first time.

Another possible suggestion (which I suspect will be tricky to implement), the ability to plug the Rocki unit into a PC via the USB port, that the PC could see/recognize the Rocki, and that a window/popup would open on the PC to allow access to setting the Rocki up in the first instance, ie to allow for entering the Wifi network details.

Thanks, and keep up the good work Rocki
Zendo

by Simon » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:49 am

Peronally i don't see much potential for the switch BUT the possibility of hooking up the Rocki to your PC for setup sounds indeed like a great idea! Not sure if it can be implemented but i'll make sure to note it down!
ROCKI This Party, Dance Everybody!

Simon
ROCKI Staff

Return to Product Ideas