ROCKI & SoundCloud

If you don't see your favorite Music Service mentioned in this board, feel free to start a thread with "ROCKI & ..." ROCKI's vision is to enable you to have ALL your music, from every phone, to all speakers, for everyone. The journey has begun, join us.

by ROCKI » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:32 pm

As you may know already, we've got SoundCloud working in the ROCKI app. Simply sign into your SoundCloud, import your playlists and enjoy your SoundCloud streams on ROCKI. Feel free to put up your feedback here or even share your favorite SoundCloud streams with fellow SoundCloud users here. ROCKI on~
ROCKI
Site Admin

by nilswesthoff » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:08 am

Hi ROCKI!

I don't create playlists on my Soundcloud, Soundcloud for me is a way to explore new music, so in my opinion it should have that functionality in the ROCKI app.
I have no clue if this is possible at all, but it would be absolutely amazing if I could just type in a certain artist and see the full stream of music they have on their profile.
If that is possible that would be great, even better would be to also be able to view the explore section, to see what's popular in a particular genre.

Keep up the good work!
I hope I get my ROCKI soon :)

-Nils
nilswesthoff

by danlee » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:16 pm

I'm not sure the Soundcloud API allows that kind of functionality, however I'm sure someone else can confirm that.
Technology, Storage and Cloud Consultant
ROCKI forum admin
Coming Soon ROCKI Live

danlee

by nilswesthoff » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:55 pm

http://developers.soundcloud.com/blog/s ... d-download suggests it's possible. I'm looking for apps that already have similar functionality built in to be sure but I guess it should be possible :)

Being able to view your (following) stream would be cool too now that I think of it. That's core functionality I'd say!

Edit:
On first glance this looks like it has everything I asked for: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... loudplayer :D
nilswesthoff

by Ldbuma » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:54 am

I just received my rocki yesterday. Because Spotify is not yet supported I started a soundcloud playlist. After a little while I imported this playlist in the rocki app (for android), all worked well. Now I changed the playlist in soundcloud but in didn't change after reimporting in the rocki app. Even after deleting the playlist in the rocki app, it didn't import it anymore. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
Ldbuma

by Simon » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:45 am

Hi @Ldbuma!

I've just tried importing extra tracks (and even extra playlists) into the Rocki app and it all worked fine for me.

Have you tried rebooting the app/your phone? Also, make sure you have the latest version of the ROCKI app. Check in the Play store to see if you need to update.

Let's get this fixed so you can enjoy your ROCKI to the fullest!
ROCKI This Party, Dance Everybody!

Simon
ROCKI Staff

by Ldbuma » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:53 am

Hallo Simon,

I did reboot my Android Phone and Android tablet, checked and saw that I have latest version of the app and I even cleared cache of the app and even deinstalled and installed again the app. Nothing made it work for me to import the playlist and songs of soundcloud.

I can't get my finger on what's wrong.. ..
Lodewijk
Ldbuma

by Simon » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:35 am

Very strange. I've just retried, just to make double sure and was able to add extra tracks to my Soundcloud playlists. Just added the tracks on the Soundcloud website, opened the ROCKI app, clicked on Soundcloud and on import playlists & tracks.

Can you see your Soundcloud user name in the bottom right corner of the Soundcloud section of the ROCKI app? Have you tried logging in and out of your Soundcloud account in the app? Just click the little door icon on the right hand top side.
ROCKI This Party, Dance Everybody!

Simon
ROCKI Staff

by Ldbuma » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:08 pm

Hi Simon,

I've tried several times what you suggested, I logged out on the Rocki app (even on tablet and phone at the same time) and logged in again. It didn't solve my problem.

I can see my user name and image of soundcloud in the app. When I log out, it's not visable anymore, so logging in and out on soundcloud does work.

Version 1.0.2 of the rocki app is the latest isn't it?
When I don't have a playlist in the app anymore, I also can't create a new one, I can't find any button to do so, and when I select a song that's on my phone I also can't push a button to add it to a list (that in this case even isn't there )
Ldbuma

by Ldbuma » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:52 am

Yesterday evening I was able to find out that when I select the albumcover in the app, I can add the song to a playlist and even create a new playlist in that part of the app. So that's not any issue anymore for me. Still I can't get Soundcloud working.

I also tried scrobbling via last.fm and I didn't get this working. The part of last.fm didn't show me any information about songs that had been scrobbling previously or at that moment, while I can see it in the apps of last.fm. So at this moment I can only stream music on my local devices to my speakers
Ldbuma

Next

Return to Music services